Turning to Healing
We all have trauma, pain, karma, genetic wounds, and repressed emotions that would benefit from some healing. Unfortunately there are many things that hold us back from taking steps towards an authentic healing path.
Some of these are:
- we have learnt how to distract ourselves in so many ways - social media, TV shows, eating, smoking, drugs, overworking. Anything to avoid digging in to how we really feel.
- we tell ourselves we don't have enough time, or we fill up all our time so we can avoid going within.
- we get in a comfort zone of being in pain and suffering - at least it's familiar and feels safe in it's own way.
- we've been conditioned by our caregivers and society to not express certain emotions, to not ask questions about family dynamics or secrets, to put on a brave face.
- we're scared of feeling deep emotions - perhaps we've never allowed ourselves to experience deep grief, terror, hopelessness or rage. Then the more they are repressed, the scarier and more overwhelming it feels to access them.
- we are avoiding facing changes in our life - with internal healing often comes a change in outside circumstances.
An authentic healing path can be painful, confronting, time consuming and expensive, so it is understandable why we would avoid it. When you have had enough of suffering you will naturally turn to healing, and through healing you will begin to see what is real. That you are not a culmination of your trauma and repeating internal stories, you can go beyond the illusion of a separate self. There is a life of happiness and freedom waiting for you - your true nature.